The road is a comprehensive and well-preserved road section of 17.5 km with period stone vaults bridges. Two cast iron milestones also stands along the road. It was the Swedish- Norwegian King Carl Johan who built the road to ease relations between the two countries. When the road was completed in 1835, it was regarded as the result of great engineering.
Road construction from the early 1800s. Today it is a popular walking route.