Church

Veldre church

Situated along Gudbrandsdalsleden
Veldre church

Fylkisakers church stood placed here in its time (demolished in 1776) at the edge of the yard on Flisaker farm. The church could be found a little bit further south than Veldre church that was demolished in a fire in 1996. A new church was inaugurated in 2000.

The area is one of a kind/outstanding in local and national context. Few areas in Norway have a consistency of burial monuments form the iron ages quite like them, approximately 90 in all, Kongshaugen in Flisaker is the largest. This has been a power center for several centuries, at least until 1000 years A.D. The area has a rich calcareous soil and a well local climate, which lay the foundation for the prosperity of the iron ages and further onwards. If the case was that the pilgrims passed by Brumunda that is found by Spikdalen, is it most likely they also passed by here. We have the glorious view beyond Furnesfjorden in common with the people who lived in the middle ages.

The main chruch tends to be closed during the summer, but the Maria-chapel is always open during the pilgrimseason.

The chruch is otherwise generally open in the morning from 08 - 10 and in the evening from 18 - 21.

Phone to the church office in Brumunddal: +47 62 33 07 70

Phone to Veldre Pilegrimsforening: +57 477 19 326

This site uses information capsules, also called “cookies”. Cookies is a digital footprint used as a tool by Pilegrimsleden to opitmalize the site for the users. Read more about our Privacy Policy here.
Read more about our Privacy Policy here.