Stugudal Church was finished in 1957. The church is made of wood and has 106 seats. The farms in Stugudal was during wintertime almost isolated. Most church events was therefore held during summer, but it was not easy to wait with the funerals. Therefore Stugudal help cemetery was consecrated in 1907.
The actual realization of a church started in 1946 with different collections. Even former Bishop Arne Fjellbu participated as a goalkeeper in a football match to help collect money. The 28 July 1957 the chapel was consecrated by the same Bishop, and since then it has been regularly used for church events.
Photo: O & M Reuber