The forest was granted protected status by Royal Decree in 1923, and was one of the first Norwegian nature reserves. It comprises 3,500 squares metres of old spruce forest. Some trees were around 200 years old; a high age for a spruce tree. Several of the huge spruce trees have now fallen down, but some trees with a diameter of more than a metre are still standing. The Pilgrim's Route approaches the forest via the road from Hagalikoia to Romsetra.
Essential cookies ensure basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function optimally without these essential cookies, and they are strictly necessary to provide an online service.
Enabling cookies helps you fill out forms effectively on our website. For example, cookies help prevent the same user from submitting the same form multiple times. The information is deleted from the browse after 90 days.
The cookies assess and help us understand how visitors interact with our website. The statistics and information gathered are anonymised.
We use marketing cookies to display content and ads that are relevant and engaging for our visitors.