Inside a fence, in short walking distance east of Domkirkeddon, stand the remains of Korskirken (Chapel of the Holy Cross), which was the hospital church for the old market village of Hamarkaupangen. The church was built as a hospital church at the end of the 13th century. The ruins were excavated in 1922, and materials such as bricks and glass from stained glass windows were among the finds. It is assumed that the hospital building, which was probably built of wood, stood beside the chapel. Hedmark Museum has a model showing the cathedral promontory and the location of the Chapel of the Holy Cross and other buildings in the Middle Ages. The church can be used for religious ceremonies.
Korskirken - church ruins in Hamar