Huseby ("the farm with many houses") is a popular name in both Norway and Sweden on a "royal residence" in the Viking Age (a large farm where one of the king's trusted men lived). In the yard is a large tumulus from early Iron Age. Huseby is situated by the lakeside of Mjøsa. Håkon Håkonsson built a banquet hall here in the 13th century. In 1276 Huseby was visited by King Magnus Lagabøter.
We believe that Huseby hosted pilgrims on their way to Nidaros. Remains of a separate church have been found near Huseby - in " Kapitelsåkeren " south of the farm. A painting of Mary from this church is still at the farm.