Inaugurated in 1695, the church was built on the site of a previous stave church. The gateway into the church ground is a treasure from the Middle Ages and stood there in the 1300s. The altarpiece is a gift from Lieutenant Rasmus Hansen from 1675. It was originally located in the stave church.
The pulpit from 1675 was first located in the stave church. It was carved by the same sculptor who made the pulpit, altar and baptismal font in the Holter church. It`s a typical piece of Baroque art.
The main house at Skrivergården Hovin, close by, is the only privately owned listed house in Ullensaker. The Magistrate was for a had long time located here, and it was here Mor Koren wrote his diaries in the dramatic history of 1814.