Budsjord means "the bishop's land" and was first desribed all the way back in the year 1400. Budsjord was then property of the Archbishop of Nidaros. The yard consists of 17 antiquarian buildings. Old inventary and tools are preserved. The farm has unobstructed view of the pilgrim path as it starts its climbing up Dovrefjell mountain.
Budsjord offers simple accommodation, dining and sightseeing for pilgrims.