Hadeland Folk Museum, Tingelstad
A vital museum over Hadeland's history presented in one place. Open air museum established 1913 on historic ground on Tingelstad farm. A number of traditional buildings demonstrated in a cultural context. Two exhibition halls/archive. Administration by Randsfjordmuseene.
A copy of Dynnasteinen, rune inscription and stone carvings from the very early Christian period ca. 1050 a. Chr., raised by a mother over her dead daughter. Epiphany motive.
According to legend, the internal organs of King Halvdan Svarte, great grandfather of St. Olav, who drowned in Randsfjorden, is buried in the mound around which the museum was located.
Opening hours, summer and all-year activities to be found on the museum's web page
|Phone:||+47 61 31 32 80|
|Address:||Kongevegen 92, N-2770 Jaren|
|Charge:||From NOK 50|
|Open:||2 June - 25 August. Closed Mondays.|
|Note:||Snacks and beverages. Basic cafe (Sat. and Sun. during the summer)|
The open air museum has more than 30 buildings dating from the 1600s to the 1900s. The buildings are thematically furnished and provides insight into the daily life and traditions in the Hadeland villages. These include, farm houses, school houses, carpentry workshops and mechanical workshops. The legend tells that the Viking king Halfdan the Black is buried in the mound in at the centre of the museum area.
A copy of Dynnasteinen (the Dynna stone) is located at the museum. This stone is one of the first Christian pictorial stones with runic inscriptions and marks the division between pagan and Christian times.
The documentation Centre for Hadeland is open year round and includes archive, library and a large photo collection.
Photo: Anders Einar Hilden / Wikipedia Commons / Public Domain